Monday, October 25, 2010

Olivello Restaurant

This is somewhere between Cape Town and Stellenbosch (don't know if I could find my way there again, but if you need directions, check their website at www.olivello.co.za).
A friend recently celebrated her 60th birthday here. What a lovely venue. It rained that day so that had a cozy fire inside, but on a summer day there are spots to sit out on the verandah and a lovely little dam right outside (I think I saw some kids doing some boating on this?).
It was a Sunday and we had their Mediterranean Table buffet, which was totally delicious, with soup, antipasto, and main course. All had an enormous array to choose from. I found the Main course buffet really interesting - not the usual stuff. You could have venison, bobotie, and a lovely lamb dish (I think it was called mediterranean lamb, done with olives, peppers and aubergines. It was delicious).
I will certainly be back there in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment